Sunday, September 26, 2010

Making Me Happy Monday

A while back, while going through a difficult time in my life, I started a gratitude journal. My goal was to write down 3-5 things every day that I was grateful for - to acknowledge and appreciate all that I have in my life at a time when I was struggling to see this. As time went on, life moved ahead, difficulties became easier, and the gratitude journal fell by the wayside - abandoned and neglected. But I still love the idea. Hence, Making Me Happy Monday. Every Monday, I will document 3 things that "make me happy". From the little to the big, the important to the mundane. The goal is simply to take 1 day out of the week and acknowledge 3 great things in my life. So, here we go.

Number 1:


Yes, I know, not very profound. But I cannot put into words how unbelievably happy that first cup of coffee makes me in the morning. A nice, strong, dark, cup - it's the only way to start the day!!! I could probably use this as a happy item every Monday (not to mention every other day of the week as well) but will refrain and challenge myself to focus on all of the other joys in my life in upcoming weeks.


Number 2:


Homegrown pumpkins (no, not grown by me but by my parents who are excellent gardeners) - a sure sign fall is on it's way.


Number 3:




My daughter is running for Student Council Secretary at her elementary school. Running for office involves campaigning (passing out stickers and hanging posters) and giving a speech to the entire student body. Her courage and confidence amazes me and makes my heart swell with pride. As someone who is absolutely terrified of public speaking, I think I could learn a few things from my daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Very brave daughter you have - standing in front of a crowd to do/say anything would freak me out! Lovely post too....and that pumpkin - orangey goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm always very impressed by Maizy. What an amazing little girl. I like your Monday's idea too, I might have to join in with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maizy is one special girl - good work Mom!

    ReplyDelete