Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sewing Apron

I wear a lot of black. And I do a lot of sewing. The result is I frequently look like I've been in some sort of crazy thread and lint tornado - not a great look!! In order to remedy this situation, I decided to make a sewing apron to protect my clothes from all of those little bits.

I found this sage green linen dress at the thrift store for $1.



A few cuts, some bias tape, and a little floral fabric, and I have a great new sewing apron. It's great for sewing because the length is long enough to cover my entire body.





2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea! I've been wanting a full coverage apron for years now, but I've never gotten around to it. I guess I know what I'll be looking for at the thrift stores.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan - it was really easy and works great - when I remember to put it on!!

    ReplyDelete