Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Anthropologie Inspired T-shirt

I saw a t-shirt similar to this at Anthropologie a while back. I decided to make my own, less expensive version. I used a thrifted white tee and fabric and lace that I had on hand. After laying my fabric out where I wanted it, I used quilt basting spray to hold it in place while I sewed it on. I simply sewed around each piece of fabric, leaving the edges to fray. I also added a little lace trim around the neckline since it was a little low-cut. So simple!! You do want to start with a tee that's not super fitted since it will lose some of it's stretch when you sew your fabric on.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thats one chic and very cute T!
    Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Very inspiring, I just might make my own version. (Jumped over from Wardrobe Refashion)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ,very lovely and cute...
    Lovely way to use fabric scratches and bits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete