Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Me Happy Monday

Welcome to the second installment of Making Me Happy Monday. You can read the background of this project here. This week we have the following:


#1 - This conversation with my son:

My son and I ran to the thrift store and were browsing through the Halloween costumes. He wants to be a spider for Halloween. But I found a great shark costume in his size and thought he would love it (and I wouldn't have to make anything).The conversation went like this:

Me: "Hey, look at this cute shark costume. Don't you think this would be cute for Halloween"

Him: "No, mom, I want to be a spider"

Me: "But don't you think this is cute?"

Him: "No, I don't like it"

Right before we get ready to leave, me again: "Are you sure you don't like that cute shark costume? It would be so cute on you."

Him, slightly exasperated: "Mom, you know, the more you say cute, the less I want to wear it."

Point taken. He is all of 5, I guess. But then this morning, while dropping his older sister off at school he was very upset because she now refuses to give him a kiss on the lips when she's at school. He just can't understand it!! So, I guess he is still my little boy, for a while longer anyway.


#2 - This face:



How can that not make you smile?!?!


#3 - Christmas presents, started!!



Involved lots of cutting, pasting, and pretty papers.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! The story about Jace made me laugh out loud! Hope you had a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete