Sunday, October 3, 2010

Project 365

I first heard about this idea on Crafty Claudes' blog and was intrigued. I did a little more research and found a website here and a flickr group here. The basic idea is to take a photo a day for an entire year, 365 days. I believe the idea originally was to take a self-portrait a day for a year but has evolved and most people seem to just be doing a photo a day. Which is good because the idea of taking a picture of myself a day is terrifying - I hate myself in photos. No matter how great I may be feeling that day, seeing my image frozen in time only causes me to analyze and focus on all of the flaws that I can find. I know, I have issues!! Anyway, I decided to jump in with both feet. Here's my first week + :























I had several goals in mind when I started this. First, I'd like to improve my photography skills (near non-existent at this point, I'm a point and shoot kind of girl) and learn to work my camera better. I also want to use this as a photographic journal of the things that I find interesting and inspiring. Finally, I think this will help me to see the beauty of the world - as corny as this sounds, it's amazing how in just one week, I've actually started to notice the world around me more.

I do have to say though, the first few days, I was thinking, "oooh, this is going to be fun!!" After 9 days, I'm thinking, "oooh, this is going to be HARD!!"

If you'd like to follow along, I'll be posting my photos on flickr.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! So interesting too that you have taken lots of pictures of faces....they make the best subjects I think. well done and look forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete