Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweater Refashion

Sometime last winter, I tore this picture out of a Nordstrom's catalog, thinking the black sweater on the left would be a great refashion.



Now, as the weather cools off, I dug the picture back out of my piles of ideas, along with a thrifted red cardigan that I had in my closet and here's what I came up with.




I used the same basic method as with this shirt. I simply cut some lace that I had on hand into a flower shape. The center of the flower is a piece of felted wool. I stitched around the flower and used a free-motion quilting foot to stitch the swirl in the center of the red.

Nordstrom's version of this sweater - $78. My version - $1 plus a few cents worth of lace, wool, and thread.

I wore it today with these great earrings that I bought myself for my birthday last year - they're handmade by a fellow Coloradan.

4 comments:

  1. It´s adorable. And I love the earrings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you've done a great job with it. I'm inspired.

    Thanks for sharing!

    @EddieDuckling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and just featured it on my "13 Sweater Re-fashions". Thanks for sharing.
    http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/09/sweater-week-day-12-sweater-refashions.html

    ReplyDelete