Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thrift Store Finds

I love thrift store shopping. But, I've been disappointed lately - I haven't had much luck at my favorite thrift store. And they keep raising their prices. But, I was there the other day and found there are still deals to be found - if you're willing to look hard enough. Here's what I came home with:




cute vintage tulip dessert bowls in a fabulous shade of orange ($2 for 3)



these little guys remind me of woodland creatures from childhood storybooks - it's hard to tell from the picture but they're only a few inches tall - they will live in my sewing room ($1 for all)




container of pretty sewing pins ($1)


And this was my favorite find of the day. I've been wanting some new, pretty mixing bowls, as referenced here. I love these bowls from Zak Designs but refuse to pay full price.

Zak Designs

But I found this set, not quite as great, plastic instead of melamine, but pretty cool none the less. And they were only $2 for all 4!!!




thrift store mixing bowls

So I'll have pretty mixing bowls for upcoming recipe photos. Little things make me happy.

5 comments:

  1. What a find! Those bowls are gorgeous and very much the same shade of funkyness as the pricey ones. Oh and those little woodland creatures, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I had those exact same woodland creatures when I was a kid! I'm sure they are at least 20 years old. Wow! Thanks for the flashback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa, thanks for the info on the woodland animals. I wasn't sure how old they were - just thought they were cute. I think it was the little tiny clothes that drew me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little guys are old school Sylvanian Families. (And Awesome). Great find, I bet they'll be super helpful in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin, I checked the link out. Nice to know what these little guys are.

    ReplyDelete