Friday, October 1, 2010

Zucchini Pancakes

What to do with all of that zucchini?? Zucchini seems to be a pretty prolific plant from what I can tell. Although I don't actually grow any myself, everyone who does seems to get a ton of it!! We get ours from our CSA. And while I love zucchini bread, I thought maybe I should try something different with it. These zucchini pancakes are delicious - and easy.



First, you need to shred your zucchini (I use my salad shooter to make quick work of this project). I used a mixture of zucchini and yellow squash here. You need about 4 c. of shredded zucchini/squash.




Next, wrap your zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out as much of the moisture as possible.




In a large bowl, combine zucchini, 1 tsp. kosher salt, 2 eggs, 1 c. flour, 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, and 1 bunch chopped green onion.




Mix well.

**Side note - I'm realizing that I should really get some prettier mixing bowls**




Heat a few tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add 1/4 c. zucchini mixture, flattening slightly to make a pancake form. Fry until golden brown.




Flip and fry on the other side until golden brown. Drain any excess oil on a paper towel lined plate. Serve.





Served here with CSA watermelon and corn.

2 comments:

  1. I'm digging the zuchini pancakes, they look good! So Liane bought some slippers the other day at Granville Island and when I saw them I thought of you. I wondered if it was something you could make. Obviously I don't know anything about knitting, but it might be a cool project for you sometime. Check out this link http://barefootdoctor.org/ProductskidsPadraigSlippers.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Scott. Thanks for the link to the slippers - they're awesome!! I've seen patterns for something similar, but not with the leather soles. I might have to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete