Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Snow


I love the first snow of the season. The world looks new and sparkly - as if it's been sprinkled with fairy dust. You can still see hints of beautiful fall colors glinting through the whiteness. Makes me want to curl up in front of a fire with hot chocolate and watch movies. But this feeling is promptly replaced by complete, utter, over-whelming longing for nicer, warmer weather. The pretty sparkly snow melts off, mingles with mud, grease and oil from vehicles, etc. and turns into an ugly, grey, slushy, mess. But the excitement of the first snow is fun while it lasts!










2 comments:

  1. I love these shots....the colors of fall and winter can be so mesmerizing. We are about to head into a very hot and humid summer here....playig havoc with hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very talented photographer, Jenn! The photos are beautiful! We had rain today but snow is on its way.

    I'm working on a Scandinavian Christmas card... if it doesn't work out may I use your photo of the 2 pinecones? I'd give you credit on the card.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete