Monday, November 22, 2010

Making Me Happy Monday

#1

My name is Jennifer and I am addicted to Peanut Butter and Jelly M&M's. Truly, I am. I even hide them in places in the house where no one else will find them - there to be enjoyed only by me!! Yes, it makes me sad to have to admit to this addiction but overall, peanut butter and jelly M&M's make me very, very happy.

they even come in these pretty fall colors - unfortunately I can't put them out on display because then people (other than me) might eat them


#2

My 5 year old son singing this Taylor Swift song. "You wear bleachers, I wear high skirts". Too funny!


#3

Thrift store shopping - if you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know that I'm a bit of a thrift store junkie. There's just so many good reasons to shop at thrift stores:

a) price, obviously, less expensive than retail

b) environmental benefits - buying used rather than contributing to the production of more "stuff" and the resulting garbage

c) contributing to a good cause - at least a portion of the proceeds at most thrift stores goes to a non-profit organization - my favorite supports Habitat for Humanity

d) finally, and probably my favorite reason, if we're being honest, is the thrill of the hunt. I just love the possibility of finding a treasure. I can't help it. It's in my blood - my grandmother is the same way.

A lot of what I purchase at thrift stores gets re-worked, re-fashioned, etc. but here's a few of my recent finds that I love just the way they are:

























funky new pitcher that holds my whisk, spoons, rolling pin, etc. ($3)




2 vintage necklaces to add to my collection



old, black, leather purse - beat up and worn but I like it that way ($2)

3 comments:

  1. how come me, dad, and Jace, don't get any peanut butter and jelly M&M's? I didn;t even know we had them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those necklaces! Especially the first one. I guess thrifting can be good lol...I need to give it a better shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted highlights from my "This is How I Feel About..." Link up party. Check it out!

    http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-how-i-feel-aboutbead-shows-link_07.html

    ReplyDelete