Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spiced Chai Tea Mix

I love a cup of hot, spicy chai on a cold day!! And it seems like we are definitely having our share of cold days here in Colorado now. I do occasionally make a true chai tea on the stove with the milk, tea, spices, etc. But usually I'm too busy/lazy to go to all of the trouble - luckily I have this great chai tea mix. I can't remember where the recipe originally came from but I made it one year to give as Christmas gifts and have been making it (for myself) ever since. Warning - this tea is quite spicy!!

First, gather your ingredients:




1 c. sugar
3/4 c. unsweetened instant tea
1/2 c. coffee creamer
1/2 c. powered skim milk
1/2 c. International Foods French Vanilla instant coffee
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. white pepper (DO NOT use black pepper - they are not the same thing. Trust me, I learned this lesson the hard way)
1 tsp. cardamom




Mix all in a large bowl.

Transfer to a food processor and process to a fine powder.


nice fine powder

That's all there is to it! Store in an airtight container. To make tea, simply add 2-3 tbsp. of mix to a mug of hot water.


delicious on a cold afternoon

1 comment:

  1. We have lots in common, Jenn! I'm a Chai Tea addict. I order it by the case from seriouschai.com. I have a cup EVERY morning... drinking one right now! Kristin loves it too. I always give her Chai for Christmas. I can't wa to go back and study your recipe an give it a try. Thanks for the recipe and great photos.

    PS Just a few days and I'll be in good old Colorado!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete