Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Granny Square Love

A few different takes on the traditional crocheted granny square that I've made lately - I love granny square type projects because they use up all of those little odds and ends of yarn leftover from other projects:




granny square style hat - free pattern available here




Hexagon Slippers - free pattern available here
I did make a few alterations to the pattern - I have small feet (size 5/6) and even the smallest size in the pattern was still too big




Grandma Twinkle Star Christmas Ornaments - free pattern available here

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is exactly what I've been wanting to do. I'm enjoying catching up on your blog and tutorials. Hopefully I will find some time soon to make granny squares before I am actually a granny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having nightmares about our upcoming $5 gift exchange after reading this post :)

    What you come up with for 'scraps and end bit' is unbelievable. LW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these. I love the color in yours. I made the star ornament and tree ornament from The Royal Sisters' tutorial and posted on my blog. I'm going to have to try multi-color ones next. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are cute! I've been wanting to make a pair of those slippers. I need to put them back on my to-do list.
    All your projects look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these lovely lovely patterns, i can't wait to try them!
    Thankyou very big;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is this hat! If I ever get my hands on some yarn I'll make one, too...

    Cheers,
    poet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Hat! I wish my wrists could handle yarnwork again. I might have to suffer thru it bc that hat is too cool!

    ReplyDelete