Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Red Chair

A little while ago I got it into my head that I needed a red chair for our living room. So, with a little Christmas money in my pocket, the hunt began. The chair had to be cool, comfortable, and of course, in my budget. I had an image in my head of exactly what I wanted. I checked a few furniture stores but didn't love anything I saw. I looked online but the only stuff I loved was waaaay out of my price range. Pottery Barn had some beautiful chairs but $700 - $1000 dollars?? No. I finally hit up my favorite thrift store. I walked in and there it was - a little funky, a little worn - it was calling my name!!! And it was a fraction of what I would have paid at a retail store. I am in love with my new chair!!!


I threw a handmade quilt over the back and finished quilting the throw pillow from yesterday's post.


a great spot for a little reading

3 comments:

  1. It was fate for you to have that chair! :) Gotta love it when that kind of thing happens! I wish I could find a cool chair like that at my thrift store, too. I've been wanting a nice big comfy chair, and maybe an ottoman, too, for my craft room. (For sitting in while crocheting, reading, or just dreaming up my next creation!) But my local thrift store's furniture is not the best usually, though. But who knows, maybe I'll luck out one day like you did and THE chair will be sitting there waiting on me when I walk in! Hey, you've proven it CAN happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a mighty comfortable chair with that high back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab find!! I love the style of chair - esp the high back....looks very comfy indeed. Cushion and throw were waiting for an equally lovely piece to rest on. well done!

    ReplyDelete