Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blame it on Spring Fever

Although technically here in Colorado, Spring is a ways away, it's the only explanation I can come up with for this need I've been feeling to purge, clean, freshen, and update around the house. Consequently, I have about a thousand different projects going on right now (and I'm notoriously bad about starting bunches of projects and then only actually finishing a small handful of them).

My kitchen is going from this color:



To this color:



Now, I really want to paint my kitchen cabinets white. I've never liked the cabinets in this house - they're just your basic oak (?) inexpensive cabinets. But wouldn't they be oh so pretty in white against the blue paint color on the walls? Something along these lines:



Well, I think it would be beautiful but it's going to take some serious convincing to get my husband to allow agree to letting me tackle that project.

I've also been attempting to clean out my closet. This is so hard for me. Even things I haven't worn in years, I look at and think, "maybe I'll wear it someday". But I have managed to get rid of some stuff, organize what I kept, and just generally make it all a bit prettier.

jewelry organized here

and here


And pretty new hangers for my closet from this tutorial



8 comments:

  1. I Love your idea for the colors in your kitchen!! It will make it brighter

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh blue + red I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! well done! and I love the jewelry organization.... I am also glad that I am not alone in the "I have 20 projects going" club. My craft room is where projects in all stages of completion go and hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue! And youre jewlery picture frame, I just may have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the kitchen! What is the name of the color? I have to have it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda - the color is called Balmy Waters and it is Kilz brand paint

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I adore that color!!! makes me hate being a renter not being able paint!!! I try to use aqua blue as an accent as much as I can though. . . and can you come organize my closet next??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color...especially paired with the red accents you have!

    ReplyDelete