Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bathroom Re-Do Part 2 - Accessories

I picked up this little painting at the thrift store. I liked the intricate details on the frame but not necessarily the gold color . . .


. . . a coat of pale green spray paint and I like it much better.


Same thing with these thrift store candle sticks


I borrowed (ok, stole) the little red shelf from my son's room


Then it was on to linens. This plain white hand towel got a little crocheted edging:



A couple of vintage towels got a new look with some colorful trim (like this one that I did for my other bathroom):



And finally, a little bit of a cop-out. I had big plans to make a new rug but then I found this one at the thrift store and decided to save myself some time (and my interest in this project was waning at this point anyway). So a quick toss in the washing machine, and this rug was ready to go:

(and it kind of ties together the random mix of colors that I have going on)

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I love that crochet trim on the towel, did you make that? Everything looks great! (Awesome job on painting the frame, why didn't I think of that? I have some of those gold frames in the basement! Doh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on all the re-dos. Great mix of colors. I love bright! I'm very tired of all the brown in my house. I need to repaint some of my stuff too. I have saved some old clothes to make rugs with but did the same thing you did when I found a a pretty pink one at an antique store very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - you are amazing. For some reason I am so scared of paint - silly I know. Did you prime the candle sticks before painting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annemarie - I didn't prime the candle sticks because I wanted them to be kind of old and scratched looking so if the paint scratches off a bit in places that's ok with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, lovely! I wouldn't have thought of painting over metal. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete