Monday, March 28, 2011

Making Me Happy Monday

I'm not sure this technically "makes me happy" but I did have a birthday over the weekend. Getting another year older, noticing a few more wrinkles - not so much fun. But having family visit, eating birthday cake, and opening presents - now those things are definitely fun!

hand painted wine glasses from my mom and dad


hedgehog birthday cake - this was actually a belated birthday cake for my son but he agreed to share with me - made by my mom and I (but mostly my mom)


a present for me . . . from me . . . inspired by this $288 Anthro necklace (mine cost me zero dollars as I had all of the supplies on hand)


And my sister-in-law and I got some kid-free time to spend perusing the book store. Here's what I bought:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls - (I loved The Glass Castle)
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (I loved The House at Riverton)
An Exclusive Love, A Memoir by Johanna Adorjan

Anyone read any of these???



6 comments:

  1. Love the glasses!

    I tried to read The Help but I really didn't like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great birthday! I've read The Help, and it's very good. Please let us know how the other books are--I always love good book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read both The Help and Half Broke Horses. I think that you will really enjoy both of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really inspire me. I look forward to all you do, and LOVE your "making me happy mondays!" Youre the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you got some really neat gifts and had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday! it was my daughter's birthday this week too. I love the book THE Help

    ReplyDelete