Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Wreath


Time for a little Spring decor!! I like to have a pretty, seasonal wreath on my front to door to welcome visitors. So it was time to take down the Valentine's wreath and replace it with something spring-y.

This wreath is really a combination of lots of different wreaths that I've seen online but mostly this one from The Little Fabric Shop. I used this tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets for the fabric rosettes. I didn't have the fabric glue that she used though so I used my hot glue gun and it worked just as well (although I did manage to burn my fingers umpteen times in the process!)

Once my rosettes were all finished, I used my hot glue gun again to glue them in place along with some other embellishments (which I got at Hobby Lobby - check out the little bees - aren't they cute!) and a big floppy lace bow. Now my front door is all ready to welcome in Spring - now if the weather would just get the hint and cooperate!









7 comments:

  1. I do this with my front door. But I usually use fake flowers from the craftstore and use the wire to just poke them in. No glue needed, that way I save room by just storing a small bag of flowers, leaves, ribbon. No glue needed.

    But yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - I want one :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too - I also want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So pretty!! Thanks for joining me for Make Something Mondays!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the perfect spot for a wreath that cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet!! I love the lace ribbon!!
    ~Terry
    http://www.mossandclover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and colorful! I love it!
    New Follower here :)
    www.punky-noodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete