Friday, April 15, 2011

Crocheted Hangers


In my continued effort to organize and beautify my closet, I made some crocheted hangers. I think I remember my grandma making these which just proves everything comes back around at some point. I used this basic tutorial. It took a bit of trying to figure out what I was doing, but once you get it, it's actually really easy. And not only do these look pretty, but they also keep your clothes from easily slipping off the hangers.

My favorite part is definitely the crocheted flowers. I played around with a bunch of different free patterns that I found online and then just hot glued them on along with some vintage buttons.



And now for your viewing pleasure this hilarious picture of crochet gone bad -


If I ever start making things like this, someone please have an intervention!!!

13 comments:

  1. Nice hangers - and :). Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are just gross. I don't even want to imagine what they look like from the front... ish.

    The hangers adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those hangers! And that picture of the shorts made me laugh. That's um, well gross. lol

    Have a great weekend!

    (Visiting from Fibers on Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I think this is hilarious! I can actually picture some grandma a little peeved at how much time grandpa spends on the golf course, and she made these for his birthday. I think she is enjoying a laugh! haha!

    Love your hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, those shorts are HOT! And probably a bit itchy too....
    Great potential there for a new niche clothing market!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hangers but the shorts scare me...and why, oh why did the brown stripe have to be positioned where it is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those shorts are regretsy material for sure! Scary! Have a great weekend, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I needed that laugh! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha that has got to be the best gag-gift ever!
    The woman who runs my Knit & Natter group will love those hangers, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark wants a pair of the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am laughing so hard at those shorts, oh my, someone should have their crochet hook taken away from them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i laughed out loud and scared everyone in the room when I saw those shorts!!! Thanks for that....I needed a real belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete