Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreaming of Spring Dress Refashion

I think we may be getting some Spring weather here in Colorado!! Yay!!! And I'm loving all of the floral prints that I've been seeing around for Spring. To create my little floral dress, I started with this $2 thrift store totally 80's mom dress:


notice the lovely collar

Here's what I did to transform it:
1. chopped off the collar as close to the existing seam as possible
2. removed the ties at the waistband (you can't really see them in the picture but it had ties designed to go around and tie in the back - which I pretty much hate)
3. shortened to above the knee
4. paired with a belt to avoid the maternity top look

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I think I would have kept the collar, though... but that's just me and my weird taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I like the collar too though, lol!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collar in theory wasn't so bad - on me, not good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, a lovely print, and totally wearable now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at what you do...it's gotten to be a daily habit. Barb Osmundson (Darin's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a beautiful transformation!! i love it. what a find!!
    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete