Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th + A Healthy (er) Nacho Recipe

****First, let me remind everyone, in case you didn't already know, today is Friday 13th. And as a little Friday the 13th present, Blogger has managed to develop some pretty major gliches - in the form of deleting all blog posts and drafts from yesterday. I can't even imagine how many people lost info and I'm guessing there are some very unhappy bloggers out there. Luckily my post from yesterday wasn't a long detailed tutorial or I might be one of those pissed off people. Anyway, here's hoping that will be the worst thing that happens on this Friday the 13th***
Edited: Yay!!! Posts and drafts have been restored!! Thank you Blogger!


And onto today's recipe:


I love, love, love nachos - they're probably one of my favorite foods. Unfortunately, my waistline does not appreciate them the way I do. But sometimes, a craving's a craving so here's my somewhat healthier recipe. Although no one would ever confuse this with true health food, I did up the nutritional ante with diced red pepper and lots of beans, no meat.


Saute 1 small onion, diced, and 1 diced red pepper in olive oil until tender.


Add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and minced garlic and saute 1-2 minutes more.


Add 1 c. of chunky salsa and 3 cans of beans of your choice, drained (I used black beans, pinto beans, and garbanzo beans) and heat through.


Transfer to a greased baking dish.


And here's where this dish ceases to be healthy - top with shredded cheese. And to me any good nacho has to have a fair amount of cheese. I also place some tortilla chips around the edge of the dish just to make it look nice. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.





Serve with additional chips and toppings of your choice.
(See I'm trying to be healthy - I even put some lettuce on my plate!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment