Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Baby Quilt


This one was ordered by a friend for her to give as a baby gift. It is based on the Tiffany Quilt Pattern by Red Pepper Quilts for which you can purchase a pattern here.

I have to say, I was stuck on this quilt for a few weeks. After I got the top put together, I couldn't figure out where to go next. Should it have a border? How should I quilt it? What color backing? I finally decided no border, followed the lines of the pattern for quilting, and used a vintage floral sheet for the backing as it was for a little girl. Hope mom and baby like it!

8 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! i am obsessed with patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! x LW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will make a great gift! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's going to love it, it's adorable!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! im trying to make a quilt this summer...we'll see how it goes...haha

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Monday!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete