Sunday, May 22, 2011

Little Yellow Dress Refashion


I had to hurry up and finish this dress so I could enter it in the Around the World in 80 Dresses Challenge. This refashion didn't involve any drastic changes - but I did take it from unwearable to wearable. It started as this plain strapless dress (thrifted for $3):



I loved the pale yellow color and the detailed bottom trim but I don't do strapless. And unfortunately I didn't have any matching yellow fabric to make straps out of. So I went with a darker yellow for the straps. But then it definitely looked like I had added the straps - the darker color just stuck out and didn't look like it belonged. I made a few yo-yo's in the same darker yellow and tacked them onto the front - this seemed to help integrate the darker yellow color into the dress.

I love it now but unfortunately, haven't been able to wear this dress as it has been too cold and rainy here.

5 comments:

  1. I am beginning to fall in love with yellow... and this is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress looks very springy. The yo-yo's definitely help anchor the darker yellow straps. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress. I wish I found items like that when I go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Mondays!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete