Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bead Organization

I found this little caddy at the thrift store the other day - I think it was originally for holding nails, screws, and hardware. But I thought it would be great for organizing my beads and jewelry making supplies. Oddly enough, this was originally blue but someone had spray painted it black. Of course, I wanted it back to blue. So a quick coat of spray paint and . . .







Previously my jewelry supplies were all in a bunch of different random containers. Now they're all neatly organized in one spot. And I only used a little over half of the drawers so I have room to grow.

10 comments:

  1. What a treasure! I mean... treasure chest?! I'd LOVE to have one of those! Most of my beads are stashed away in DIY supply containers, too, but this bad boy is top notch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my beads in something very very similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you on My Girlish Whims and wanted to invite you to my new link party. Last week we had over 300 links, it was so much fun. It will run every Friday evening through Sunday. Hope to see you there. You can find the party button now on the blog if you want it for a reminder. http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blgospot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute & yay for room to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - This is a great re-do and wonderful organization. I altered a similar nail box. If you'd like to see it, please visit me at:
    http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com/2010/09/from-mundane-hardware-organizer-to.html
    Also now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! My mom used to use these to organize all sorts of craft supplies. I had totally forgotten about them. I may need to go find myself one.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great upcycle! I LOVE to have it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love beads!!! great organization :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can buy these and larger and smaller ones at Home Depot, Lowes, et al. for between $14 and $40 bucks! Not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so many bead that I need to organize. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    I liked your idea so much that I linked to it on my post about my favorite 15 DIY Craft Supply organization ideas. I would love for you to check it out!
    http://homecraftsbyali.blogspot.com/2015/04/15-diy-craft-supply-organization-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete