Friday, June 17, 2011

Organizing Round-up

It seems I've had an inadvertent organization themed week so I thought I'd wrap things up with a final collection of great organizing ideas I've seen online. (And I promise next week will be back to crafting, sewing, and refashioning - I have a couple of dress refashions that I just finished up).


This is a great way to use some of the vertical space in a closet - hanging baskets/bins. This is in a baby's closet but it would work well for anyone - great for socks, undergarments, belts, etc. See the tutorial here.


Yet another use for tension rods - organize and hold baking sheets, cutting boards, and platters - via Martha Stewart.


Again from Martha Stewart, prevent nested pots and pans from scratching with coffee filters.


Real Simple has a ton of great "Organizing New Uses for Old Things" ideas. Here are a few of my favorites:
shoe box ribbon organizer


photo tree as recipe holder


earrings as pushpins - great use for earrings that have lost their match or are just not a style you would wear


And finally, this is a great way to organize pens, pencils, crayons, scissors, etc with a simple rod, S hooks, and buckets:

tutorial here

2 comments: