Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Printing on Old Book Pages

I'm certainly not the first, or only, person to come up with this idea. Check out this cool artwork, seen on Ruffles and Stuff and available via this etsy shop:


Well, I needed some new artwork for my son's bedroom - we're doing a Science & Nature theme - and thought this idea would work well. And here are the 4 new prints, ready to be hung on the wall:


I used old dictionary pages (thrifted, of course) to print on and found my images on this website - Vintage Printable - which has tons of great images. **Word of Warning - it's not the easiest website to navigate and I never did get the thumbnail images to load so I had to just scroll through using the Prev and Next buttons. But if you have a little patience, it's a treasure chest of vintage images. And they're FREE!**

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the photos you chose for your son's room. I'm a retired elem. science teacher so they seem perfect to me. I could use some new pictures, as well. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prints look great. Can't wait to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this idea. Having a theme in mind would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion.

    ReplyDelete