Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nautical Knot Necklace


If I'm being honest, I have to admit I wasn't sure I loved the nautical/celtic knot necklace trend when I first saw it . . . but . . . it's grown on me. So when I saw a rope necklace for 50 cents at the thrift store, I grabbed it and decided to give the whole knot thing a try.





I used this tutorial from Martha Stewart to tie 3 knots in my rope:

Then I tied those three knots together into 1 big knot. If you'd like to try this project, here's a few other lovely inspiration pieces and tutorials:



source unknown


source unknown


Saks

Anthropologie but no longer available


The Lover's Knot Necklace from Ruche - really this one's only $12.99 so you might be better off just buying rather than making


and two-tone - this one has a tutorial

5 comments:

  1. This is sooo very cool! I think I might have to try it!!! Thanks! suz!
    http://destinationsuz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue and brown one! Yours is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute jewelry. i like it very much, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job- I love how you refashioned something plain into something fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this necklace and am buying this here. Really this site very responsible for any customer. I am really happy for their service and responsibility. Am suggesting you just you go here and shopping any for lower rate.

    ReplyDelete