Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thank You Aunt Ann

My aunt recently passed on to me a shoebox full of vintage jewelry that she had found at a garage sale. It was full of fun treasures just waiting to be re-made. Here's my first piece made out of that box -



(It looks like the flower is on opposite sides in these 2 photos - 1 was taken in a mirror and 1 was not)

This was made from a vintage daisy brooch and a multi-strand chain - probably the easiest jewelry making method ever - just slip your brooch onto the chain and then use a pliers to pinch the brooch clasp tight to keep it from slipping on the chain. Here's what it looks like on the back side:


Thank You Aunt Ann!

5 comments:

  1. Loving this idea! I never wear brooches and have some old ones from my grandmother this would work great for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I bought a flower pin this summer to try this look, but I never got around to making it. I love the color of your top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can't wait to see what other finds were in your "treasure" box!
    How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this turned out fabulous! And I agree, I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage jewelry is great for making stuff with but always look for a name on the back of your jewelry and look it up on ebay as you could have a several hundred dollar brooch and if you bend it up it will be worth nothing.

    ReplyDelete