Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days For 30 Dollars - Day 10 - Anthropologie Inspired Winking Sky Cardigan


Wondering what 30 Days for 30 Dollars is?? Read all about it here.

When I say Anthropologie -inspired, I truly do mean "inspired" as my cardigan is done a little different from the original.

My version, total cost $1:





And the Anthro version $128:


The Anthro version is actually beaded. To make mine, I used a thrift store plain cardigan - $1 - and added lots of tiny french knots (good photo tutorial here) using white embroidery thread that I had on hand.


Total spent:
Day 1: $1.00 Recipe Card Box
Day 2: Free Recipe Card Holder
Day 3: $2.00 Hot Pads
Day 4: $1.00 An Artsy Bangle
Day 5: $1.00 Embellished Pillowcases
Day 6: $.50 Earrings
Day 7: $.75 Button Necklace
Day 8: $.40 Lace Coasters
Day 9: $2.00 Faux Depression Glass Fruit Bowl
Day 10: $1.00 Anthropologie Inspired Cardigan
___________
Total: $9.65

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! How long did this take? I use french knots in my embroidery projects and while they're not hard, they can be tedious. Are you brave enough to show us a photo of the inside too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea! And I prefer the look of yours - I like the way you spaced the knots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Thank you, very very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete