Friday, November 18, 2011

30 Days For 30 Dollars - Day 11 - Lace Earrings


Wondering what 30 Days for 30 Dollars is?? Read all about it here.




These are so easy to make and you can probably do it with items you have around the house. I did, so my cost for this project was zero dollars.

Here's how:

You will need a scrap of lace with a design that you like, clear fingernail polish, and earring findings for dangly earrings - I removed mine from a set of old earrings.

Carefully cut out the motif that you want from your lace. Lay it on a piece of cardboard and paint over it with clear nail polish - the nail polish is what will stiffen your lace up . I did 2 coats of polish on each side. Be sure to move your lace around on the cardboard every so often as it dries to keep it from sticking.


all cut out and painted with nail polish

Now you can slip your earring findings on - just slip it through one of the open areas in the lace - and your new lace earrings are ready to wear.

Total spent:
Day 1: $1.00 Recipe Card Box
Day 2: Free Recipe Card Holder
Day 3: $2.00 Hot Pads
Day 4: $1.00 An Artsy Bangle
Day 5: $1.00 Embellished Pillowcases
Day 6: $.50 Earrings
Day 7: $.75 Button Necklace
Day 8: $.40 Lace Coasters
Day 9: $2.00 Faux Depression Glass Fruit Bowl
Day 10: $1.00 Anthropologie Inspired Cardigan
Day 11: Free Lace Earrings
___________

Total: $9.65

9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for this inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I (Jill) just went on a pinning fest thanks to your awesome ideas!!!
    Such amazing projects for so little money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite project so far! Such a cool idea, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I must make some for my SIL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! Lol, thanks so much for the move around on the cardboard tip. I would forget.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, what a great idea. As a maker of jewelry I think this is neat. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just making a pair of these today, and wanted to thank you for the tutorial. I found the link to it on flickr. Once they are dry and on earhooks I will see if I can upload the picture to flickr.

    ReplyDelete