Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days For 30 Dollars - Day 2 - A Recipe Holder


Wondering what 30 Days for 30 Dollars is?? Read all about it here.


Today's project is totally free! Yes, total cost - zero dollars! This is what I started with:

a broken tree branch (plenty of these around town after our recent snow) and a hand saw.


And here's what I ended up with:

a convenient little stand for your recipe card when you pull it out of the box that we made yesterday


Simply cut a chunk off of your branch with the hand saw, then cut a notch in the top (my handy friend, Joe, did the notch for me with a smaller hand saw as I didn't have one).

And if you don't like the natural look, dab on some watered down acrylic paint:





Total spent:
Day 1: $1.00 Recipe Card Box
Day 2: Free Recipe Card Holder
___________
Total: $1.00


2 comments:

  1. Nifty idea, and I like the sound of the spinach brocolli enchilladas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it natural and painted, maybe I'll have to make both. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete