Thursday, November 3, 2011

Boot Socks

We woke up to this snowy scene the other day. It would appear that winter has decided to arrive.




Time to break out the warm and cozy clothes. I'd seen a tutorial on Made by Lex for boot socks - perfect! And these probably took less than 5 minutes to make. I dug through my sewing room and found this sweater that I'd already cut up and used for another project but the arms were still intact:



The only thing that I did differently from her tutorial was to sew the cut edge (the edge that will be down near your ankles) with elastic thread because a.) I thought it would keep it from being too baggy around my ankle and b.) it was already threaded onto my sewing machine. Here's what my cut edge ended up looking like:



And here are my new warm and cozy boot socks ready to brave the snow:



I'm definitely making some more of these for winter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool. I just bought a thrifted sweater to do some projects with. This will be perfect. I will definitely make some. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And under rainboots too for Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete