Friday, December 2, 2011

30 Days For 30 Dollars - Day 22 - Modern Art Vase


Wondering what 30 Days for 30 Dollars is?? Read all about it here.


A Modern Art Vase





Made from this $1 thrifted vase:



I broke out my alcohol inks again for this project. Someone had asked me where one would find alcohol inks. They are located in the scrapbooking section of most craft stores. You can also buy them on Amazon.com. They look like this:




And they have this tiny little dropper tip. So for this project I just dripped blots of ink onto the vase until I had a look that I liked.
Total cost: $1 because my alcohol inks were left over from another project.



Total spent:
Day 1: $1.00 Recipe Card Box
Day 2: Free Recipe Card Holder
Day 3: $2.00 Hot Pads
Day 4: $1.00 An Artsy Bangle
Day 5: $1.00 Embellished Pillowcases
Day 6: $.50 Earrings
Day 7: $.75 Button Necklace
Day 8: $.40 Lace Coasters
Day 9: $2.00 Faux Depression Glass Fruit Bowl
Day 10: $1.00 Anthropologie Inspired Cardigan
Day 11: Free Lace Earrings
Day 12: $1.25 Puzzle Piece Pendants
Day 13: $1.00 Linen Napkins
Day 14: $2.00 Anthropologie Inspired Cardigan
Da:y 15: $.50 Scrabble Tile Ornaments
Day 16: Free Scribble Stitch Gift Tags
Day 17: $.50 Inexpensive Artwork
Day 18: $1.00 Giant Snowflakes
Day 19: $2.00 Vintage Tool Tray Centerpiece
Day 20: $1.00 Dress to Apron
Day 21: Free Tonal Chain Earrings
Day 22: $1.00 Modern Art Vase
___________

Total: $19.90

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Turned out gorgeous!
    (Found you through a linky party)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I like how you work....I just read every single one of your posts $30 in 30 days. And you've still got 8 more ideas up your sleeve that I'll come back to check on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you inked the outside of the vase... What if I inked the inside? Would it still be able to hold water and flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know. If you find a cheap thrift store vase, it would be worth a try. The worst thing that would happen is the ink would wash out.

      Delete