Thursday, December 29, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Morse Code Necklace




The Anthropologie Morse Code Necklace - was $38 but no longer available.

But it's pretty simple to make your own - and you can personalize it for whatever word you would like.


Supplies needed:
long, tubular beads
silver beading thread
2 jump rings
silver chain
small round beads

**the number of beads needed will depend upon the word that you are creating**
***I opted to use chain rather than string for the necklace after reading reviews of the Anthro necklace and how it was a little flimsy***



Plan out your dots and dashes using this morse code translator.
I decided to use my name for my necklace.


String your dots and dashes onto your beading thread - a beading needle is helpful for this step.


Attach the end of the string to a jump ring with a knot. Do the same thing on the other side. You can also dab a little glue over the knot to help keep it secure.
Attach each jump ring to chain.




7 comments:

  1. That is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting it because I think this is something I can actually get done! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So fun! I like looking for DIY Anthro things- this is a a great one. Thanks for showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool necklace! Visiting via Hope Studios linky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I mean, REALLY nice! That's straight to my pinterest, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I think it looks better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like yours better than the Anthropologie! Sure looks less like it would break easily.

    ReplyDelete