Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Free Printable Labels

So my assignment for this week's 52 Weeks To An Organized Home is to organize my pantry/food storage areas. And a part of this is "containerizing" and labeling. I may be just slightly crazy, but the labeling part of this actually gets me really excited.

For about 30 seconds, I considered going and buying a label maker. And then I realized I could probably get free printable labels online. And I was right. And they're much cuter than the plain ones that a label maker would make.

My dry goods are now all "containerized" and labeled:



You can get these free printable labels here at Better Homes & Gardens.com These were my favorite because you can download and print them in different sizes, shapes, and colors and you can customize them with whatever text you would like - so you can personalize them for your pantry items. I just printed them off on adhesive backed paper, cut out, and applied to my canisters. So fun!!

12 comments:

  1. What a great resource! Thanks for sharing! :) Your containers look very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are great printables here too, Jenn. Cute stuff for the kids too. http://ohhappyday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How will you clean them? They will get wet if you wash with water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably just wipe the outside off with a damp cloth, avoiding the label. The inside shouldn't need to be washed unless I am changing out the contents and in that case, I would remove the label anyway. You could also place a piece of clear packing tape over the label if you wanted for easier wipe-down.

      Delete
  4. I have been trying to use these for a while now.....I have them downloaded, but can't figure out how to customize them.....can you help? Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to help but I'm not quite sure why it wouldn't be working for you. After you download them, open the file. Then click in the white area of the label that you want to customize and it should then show a cursor. You can type in the text that you would like. Move on to the next label and do the same thing. FYI - you cannot save them, you have to type it out and then print it right away. As soon as you close the file, your text will be gone.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I just checked, the box that you want to click on that will allow you to type in text is actually pale blue, not white.

      Delete
  5. Well, I am able to click on them and type the word.....but, I can't figure out how to customize by changing font, colors, etc......I have a Mac...wonder if that makes a difference? Thanks for your help....who knows if I will ever figure it out! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you can change the font and as far as changing the color, I think you're limited to the colors they offer - if you scroll down, there's more color options. So they may just not be as customizable as you were expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhhh.....I see! Thanks for your help!!

    ReplyDelete