Monday, January 23, 2012

Living Room Tour

Sorry, no before pics of this project because it was a bit spur of the moment. But, prior to this little revamp, our living room was painted shades of beige and chocolate brown with huge, overstuffed, dark furniture. I was sick of it - and had been for a while. So I had been on the lookout for a new couch and finally found one I liked (and could afford) over Christmas. But it was a camel/beige color and it definitely wouldn't work with the beige walls. So I started painting. And, bonus, the kids were home to help me with this project!

Here's our living room now - with the new couch, new paint color, some additional new-to-me furniture and a few already owned but revamped pieces as well (warning - lots of photos):


the painting was an e-bay purchase several years ago


thrift store table + a coat of paint (and notice the lamp from this project)



The wingback chairs were both purchased at a used furniture store. I just painted the legs white to update them a bit.



We've had this coffee table forever - I gave it a new coat of white paint. And distressed it because eventually my kids were probably going to distress it for me anyway.

Overall, the room just seems so much bigger and brighter now. And has already gotten way more use than it did before.

5 comments:

  1. Your living room looks lovely, I especially love all those black photo frames.
    I have something similar in my bedroom, I bought a load of frames from a charity shop and painted them all white. :)

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, I'd love if you could check it out!
    www.atrickleofmeaning.blogspot.com
    Ciara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and I really love the coffee table with drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that looks great!! loving the wingback chairs.....our little apartment would totally be over powered by a couple of those but I would love them anyway! well done on your revamp. :)

    ReplyDelete