Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe Challenge

If you're participating in the 52 Weeks To An Organized Home Challenge, you already know that this week is Recipe Organization Week. This is going to be a tough one for me. Not because my recipes are unorganized, but because I have a lot of recipes. My problem isn't really with all of the family favorites that I cook on a regular basis, but with all of those fabulous looking recipes torn out of magazines, my "To Try Someday" recipes.

I keep them all nice and organized in this little folder:



But check this out:


That's just the "Main Dishes" section. I'm pretty sure there's hundreds - the picture doesn't even really do it justice. And the problem is, they seem to go into the folder, but never come back out. So I've issued myself a challenge - I have to choose at least 1 recipe at random each week and either make it or toss it. Hopefully this will turn my "collection" into something functional and usable.

This week I actually pulled 3 recipes out (and tossed 2). I will be making - Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers, Morrocon-Style Turkey and Chickpeas, and Turkey & Bacon Waffle Sandwiches. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to start doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put mine in a 3 ring binder in the clear plastic sheets so they are front and back and I can see them all at once. Then I try them and keep it or toss it. So much easier to scroll through the "book".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random recipe - make or toss. I love that idea as I have the same set up as you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I have lots of recipes that I am going to try one day. I think I will take on the challenge to make it or toss it. Thank you for sharing your idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing. Occasionally I go through and look at the ones I've pulled that seemed appetizing at the time (for whatever reason) and when I'm going through them sometimes I can't figure out why, so I toss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, purging recipes!!! Cant wait to see how those ones you did choose turn out, e=specially the waffle one hmmm

    ReplyDelete