Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thrift Store Score!

Our house has high, vaulted ceilings in the kitchen and living room which leads to soffit-type shelving up above our kitchen cabinets (at least that's what I think that type of shelving is called). You can see pictures of it here -


and here -

Pictures from my cabinet painting project.

See those shelves up above the cabinets? With the clock, and the candle, and other doo-dads?
Well, I decided I was tired of the doo-dads. I wanted something less cluttery. So, everything came down and I hit the thrift store for inspiration.

Here's what came up with -




The huge mirror and painting were $10 a piece - a steal!


And on the other section of shelf (a 3/4 wall that divides the kitchen and living room), I placed these 3 globes, also thrifted -



Got that idea from this photo on Pinterest -

(I don't know what that yellow arrow is for)

4 comments:

  1. I want cabinets like that for cookie jar collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it... turned out great. did you find all of those globes at 1 store??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea with the globes. You have a nice kitchen, I like the white cabinets, it brightens the room so much. I used to have white furniture in my room as a kid, maybe that's why I like it so much..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great idea! I wish my kitchen looked like that!

    ReplyDelete