Tuesday, January 17, 2012

World's Best Lotion


I have super dry skin, which is especially bad during the winter months. Honestly, sometimes my legs get so dry and itchy that I scratch them until they're raw. I know, gross! I've tried all different types of lotions to alleviate the problem. They either don't work, smell horrible, or, in a few cases, actually seem to make the problem worse. So, when I saw a "recipe" for the world's best lotion, I had to give it a try. And you know what, this time it actually lives up to the hype. This stuff works great! And it's easy and inexpensive to make, using ingredients you can find at most grocery or drug stores.

There seem to be a few slightly different versions of this lotion floating around, but this is the one I used.

It's made up of these 3 ingredients:



Just mix all 3 ingredients up with a kitchen mixer. I apply it once in the morning and no more itchy, dry legs. Hurray!

8 comments:

  1. I **love** this lotion & make a big batch every year to give as Christmas gifts (packaged in cute & embellished small mason jars). It IS the best lotion!!! I get requests for refills every once in awhile! lol Anyways, just wanted to comment since your post reminded me of that. Thanks for sharing with others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely try it. Thanks fo sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any certain ratios you mix it in? Or just grab bottles about the sizes you show and dump them all in and mix?
    Champshire@copano.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dumped everything together. I think I bought the big bottle of baby lotion (not sure how many ounces it was) and then the Vitamin E cream came in a 2 pack so I dumped them both in. And then 1 jar of Vaseline. If you click on the link to the original recipe I think it gives you specific amounts if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! Pinned, and your newest GFC groupie. Can't wait to try this out - I have horrible skin in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My trick for dry skin...is baby oil, or baby oil gel.

    shower, exfoliate, turn the water as hot as you can stand it, wait about a minute, turn the water off, rub on the baby oil/gel, 'scrape' the water off with your hands, and pat yourself dry with a towel...

    :)
    I also mix a little olive oil(or baby oil lol) with some plain white sugar and use that as my exfilating body scrub ;)

    ReplyDelete