Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Bit of Neon




I've been in a jewelry-making mood lately. The nice thing about jewelry is that you can add trendy pieces to your wardrobe without going completely crazy. And neon seems to be everywhere right now. I personally kind of love it because I think I wore a lot of neon back around 7th grade in the 80's - and I'm a nostalgic kind of girl.

I based my necklace off of this one -

- from Crashing Red

But I couldn't figure out her method of weaving the thread so I used a basic forward knot (quick video tutorial here - really quick, only about 10 secs.). And I added a little bow which I tied on and then secured the knot with craft glue.

Now I just need a pair of jelly shoes to go with my bit of neon!

6 comments:

  1. I've actually been working on a similar project too using gold chain and embroidery. love how your project turned out =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Gosh, I think I had jelly shoes in every color under the rainbow...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! Neon is really in right now and I've been to afraid to add it to my wardrobe, but this makes it easy. Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. I've shared this on my blog as well http://adesiretoinspire.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this gold chain look so beautiful and gorgeous. I like this idea so much. Its also perfect looking in all type of dress. You share such nice post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for spring! I may try a pastel too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure the method of weaving in the original was a single crochet :-)

    ReplyDelete