Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Couple of Handbag Refashions

Both of these are refashions that I did quite a while ago (made from thrift store finds). In the process of spring cleaning my closet, I rediscovered them and thought I would share.



I think this one is perfect for spring. I fused on scraps of fabric, cut into flowers and leaves, using fusible web, then stitched around the outside and added a few detail stitches.





For this purse, I decoupaged on pages from an old art book, then sealed with a craft varnish.
The only problem with these 2 bags, is that they're kind of small, too small for everyday use, so they don't get used very often.

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Very talented. My favourite "going out" bag is one I bought very cheaply second-hand, and decorated up myself. It feels so nice to have something completely unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's era people become more fashionable and advance. You allot fantastic bag with us. I like all pix of a couple of handbag. Its look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite it the art book handbag. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art book handbag is unique! Can see that handbag being used for a night out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are both beautiful! well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely like much more of the second bag!bisous

    http://kat-maries.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete