Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crochet Chevron Necklace Pattern







Chevron patterns seem to be everywhere right now. Add a little chevron to your wardrobe with a crocheted chevron pendant. These little necklaces work up quickly and use very little yarn.
The trick to making them tiny is to use fine crochet thread (or embroidery floss) and a very small crochet hook. Here's the one I used:

It's unlabeled so I don't know the exact size, but the smaller your thread and hook, the smaller your chevron will turn out.

Pattern:

Supplies:
*crochet hook
*fine crochet thread or embroidery floss (I separated my embroidery floss and used 3 strands)

Chain 17
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 6 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in next 6 ch, work a 2 st dec over last 2 st, ch 1, turn
Row 2: skip first sc, sc in next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc, work a 2 st dec over last 2 sc, ch 1, turn
Repeat Row 2 until piece is the size you would like, changing colors at the end of rows as you would like.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Wet block chevron to create structure - it will hold it's shape better if you do this.
Attach jump rings, chain, and beads of your choice.

23 comments:

  1. I squealed when I saw these! I am so going to give them a try. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely project. I pin it to my Pinterest board to find it easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! So glad you linked up to "Cowgirl Up"-- I featured your post today on my facebook page. Check it out and grab "I was Featured" button!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Texas-Girls/140299076008437

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I need to make one of these. I never thought to use embroidery floss to crochet with

    Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. you mean you're not going to crochet one up yourself??

      Delete
  6. Wow - I love this! Especially the colors on that turquoise one. It's enough to make me want to learn to crochet!
    I'm having a "Yarn" series on my blog now and have a link party I'd love for you to check out!
    Yarn it all! Link PartyI'd love for you to come by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by my new blog and follow too, if you get a minute. My first link party/give-away is running now through Saturday. I hope you can stop by and link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique! I'm usually not a fan of jewelry made from ribbons and such, but this....this I like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and unique, love the turquoise one. Will have to try this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable. I'm going to try this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these but can you do a video because i know crochet a bit but i dont know the proper terms and things used to do it. or at least post pictures as you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unless the beads hanging from this are light.....won't it stretch???? Other than that....it's wonderful ..... wish I could crochet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you probably couldn't hang really heavy beads off of it but I haven't had an issue with the ones that I used.

      Delete
  13. These are gorgeous! Hope you won't mind me linking up tomorrow at Tangled Happy. Thanks so much for sharing this! Wishing you a very happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely going to make myself a necklace, these are such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Novice crocheter here. Can you explain to me how to decrease stitches after the sc in the first row? Thank you, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never mind, I've figured it out! Thank you, love the pattern so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What kind of chains & connectors did you use to connect the crocheted piece & any beads? What kind of chain did you use for the actual necklace part? New to jewelry making, but do crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this gave me the idea of creating something for a pendant to fit easier into a crochet thread. Because it would not fit to the ring of a necklace of chains, the pendant's ring is too small.

    ReplyDelete