(Sorry for the less than spectacular pictures - trying to take pictures while home by myself. I may have to break down and get a tripod and remote)
trying to get a back view - kind of like how my tattoo peaks out (you can see the full view here)
This dress was definitely a "make it up as I go along" project so I don't have a full tutorial but I'll share the basic steps:
1. Removed the weird little doo-dad at the waist in the front
2. Used my seam ripper to detach the skirt from the bodice.
3. Cut a lot of length off of the skirt, from the waist end
4. Used the fabric from the extra length to fashion a waist band - basically a tube
5. Turned the bodice around backwards, so the front was now the back and the back was now the front, then attached the waist band.
6. Ran a gathering stitch along the top of the skirt piece and attached to the waist band.
7. Inserted a zipper into the back.