Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finished - The Carnaby Skirt

Here was my Carnaby Skirt way back in February, in progress.


And here it is now, finally finished, of course just as the weather is getting warm - so it will probably sit in my closet until next fall.



All in all, it turned out well. The one big mistake that I made, was mis-measuring my waist which caused me to cast off too soon. And I ended up with a skirt that was too small. To fix this, I added a little crocheted panel on one side to add some inches around the waist - if you look in the picture, it's on the right hand side, where the buttons attach.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm in love with the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the colour and the style too!
    This will look fabulous with warm boots and a sweater!
    Fabulous!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for overuse of 'fabulous', but really, it IS fabulous!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love the color and design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. The colour just pops. Very sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's one thing I've never knitted - a skirt for myself ... would love to see what it looks like on!

    Fantastic colour!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete