Thursday, May 17, 2012

Anthropologie Inspired Denim Jacket

Inspiration:



And my version:




Tutorial: 

 
I started with 1 plain denim jacket, thrifted $2, and 1 vintage embroidered panel, thrifted 50 cents.


Lay the panel across the back of the jacket.  Use a water soluble pen to mark cutting lines.  Trim panel to size.  Pin in place and stitch down.


For the pockets I had to create my own coordinating bits of embroidery.  Lay across pocket and mark cutting lines.  Trim to size.  Pin in place and sew (I sewed these pieces by hand).
Also, I left all of my edges to fray.

Total cost for my jacket - $2.50.







8 comments:

  1. Of course I love this refashion! Very cute. Strangely enough I am waiting for the glue to dry on a diary re-cover(my new concept book) that I started a few hours ago using a thrifted embroidery piece of fabric. The piece of embroidery has the same sort whimsical feel seen in your thrifted piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable I love how you showed off your vintage embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version better - you even have embroidery on it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better than the original! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vintage embroidery would improve anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE it! You couldn't have picked a more beautiful piece of embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT ^_^

    ReplyDelete