Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mini Granny Square Bookmark


 





 

I know everyone is moving to the e-readers right now but I still like an old fashioned paper book  (and I have so many unread books that I can't justify spending the money on an e-reader).

To make a Miniature Granny Square Bookmark for yourself:
1.  Crochet 7 miniature granny squares - use a tiny hook and fine crochet thread (or 3 strands of embroidery floss)
2.  Stitch granny squares together in a line.
3.  Crochet a half double crochet border around the edge.  Weave in ends.

As seen originally on Martha Stewart

5 comments:

  1. I'm also very fond of the paper books, there is something about holding them into your hands, turning pages...I used to be a librarian and this may justify my love for paper books :)
    Too bad I can't crochet..:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah very cute, this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad to see this! I found a bunch of vintage teeny-tiny hooks at an estate sale a few months ago and have been considering my embroidery floss stash with an eye for doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bookmark is very cute. I still only read paper books, there is just something about having the book in my hand and turning the pages that just seems like the way it should be done. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday! I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete