Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Shoulder Top Refashion Tutorial


This is an easy top refashion:  Use a thrifted XL shirt/t-shirt to make a cute one-shoulder summer top.



My inspiration:
The Options Abound Top from Modcloth
The Blue Hawk Blouse from Spool72

To make your own, you will need 1 XL top - t-shirt style, although mine was a silkier material - the bigger the better (mine was a size 26).





At this point, you can add an elastic waist if you choose using either elastic thread (how I did it) or sewing in a piece of elastic.

*** I used this tutorial to make my elastic casing using bias tape - worked great!***


6 comments:

  1. I love the one shouldered look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! Great refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This redo is so cute! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete