Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shirt Dress Refashion + An Easy Boxy Sleeve Fix

This dress was a $1 garage sale find - bought mainly because I liked the color.
A few snips and new hems and here's my dress now:

Something I'm much more likely to wear~

I removed the sleeves and shoulder doo-dads.  Re-hemmed the sleeve openings and then chopped off about 6 inches and hemmed the bottom.

But I was still left with really boxy shoulder/sleeves.



Here's a really easy fix for that:


1.  Thread a needle with a long length of thread and insert along shoulder seam near the collar, leaving approx. a 6 inch tail.
2.  Sew long stitches along the shoulder seam, ending on the inside.
3.  Pull your two ends of thread to gather the shoulder seam.
4.  Tie the 2 ends together securely and clip ends of thread

Before and After



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I would never have "seen " the possibilities. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Great job!
    xx
    Nina Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thats a really good idea, there are a few dresses i've seen but have the horrible arms. Will have to try this. xx

    ReplyDelete