Thursday, July 19, 2012

Zucchini Hummus



Another great use for that most prolific vegetable - the zucchini.  
And this is so easy, just toss everything in a food processor and blend.
Recipe comes via my good friend Amy.




Ingredients:
2-4 zucchini/yellow squash
6 tbsp. lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
1-2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
pinch of cayenne
1 c. sesame or sunflower seeds
1/2 c. tahini (optional)

*A couple of notes:  I usually leave out the salt until everything is blended, then taste and add as needed.  I leave out the tahini, but you can add it if you like.  And I used half sunflower seeds and half sesame seeds this time but it all depends on what I have on hand*



Combine all ingredients in a flood processor and blend until smooth.  Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.  Serve with crackers, pita chips, or fresh vegetables.

0 comments:

Post a Comment