Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anthropologie Inspired: The Silken Jabot Pullover




Inspired by Anthropologie's Silken Jabot Pullover:




My version cost under $5 - thrift store pullover + thrift store "silk" fabric

And here's a quick how-to:

1.  Cut a long length of silk/silk-esque fabric, 6 1/2 inches wide.  You want it long enough that it will go around the neckline and still have plenty to tie.  It's better to cut it longer than necessary and then adjust later.

2. Sew right sides together lengthwise.
Then turn, so your seam is now to the inside.  

3.  Find the midpoint of your strip of fabric and start pinning it to the back, inner, mid-point of the pullover.


Pin around the neckline to approx. 1 inch of front midpoint.

4.  Stitch in place.

5.  Tie and adjust length of ties (mine were a bit too long).  Flip raw edge of fabric to the inside, pin and stitch down close to the edge.


6.  Wear and enjoy, especially knowing how much money you just saved yourself!



6 comments:

  1. Love the idea!
    Let´s follow each other?
    Xoxo
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colours!
    Love this idea- brilliant!
    Have a great week.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shirt is so beautiful! You've definitely inspired me to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I love your all your Refashions! I blog at Blissful and Domestic. I just started a Refashion Blogger Link List. I would love for you to link up your blog. Thanks so much!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I love your all your Refashions! I blog at Blissful and Domestic. I just started a Refashion Blogger Link List. I would love for you to link up your blog. Thanks so much!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/p/re-fashion-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colours, so cute! I love the whole neck bow look but had never thought to make it myself! =)

    ReplyDelete