Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cross Stitch Dress Refashion


My husband may have actually rolled his eyes when this dress came home the other day.  I'm not sure he believed that I could turn it into anything wearable (and if I'm honest I wasn't sure I could either - but I was going to give it a try).  

After a little refashioning:




All of those flowers are hand cross-stitched!

Here's what I did to make this wearable:
1.  Removed the sleeves and re-stitched the arm openings.
2.  Added 2 strips of elastic across the front of the waist to take it in and add more definition.
3.  Chopped off bunches of length and re-hemmed to above the knee.

It's still very "sweet" but definitely less matronly.

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the first picture, I thought it was a long child's dress. I can definitely see why you would want to rescue it. The cross-stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, it shouldn't shock me, you are so talented! love the cross stitch on this dress!

    ReplyDelete